Call For Papers
Geocomputation 2011 is to be held at University College London, on 20th - 22nd July 2011. The conference will run straight after the International Symposium on Spatio-Temporal Analysis and Data Mining (18th - 20th July), to be held at the same location under the auspices of ISPRS Commission II WG3. Intending participants may like to consider registering for a discounted combined registration fee.
The themes of Geocomputation 2011 will include, but not be limited to, the following research topics:
- new geocomputational algorithms and architectures
- geostatistics and spatial simulation
- cloud computing
- spatial applications of evolutionary computing
- agent-based modelling and cellular automata
- geographical visualisation and geovisual analytics
- accuracy and uncertainty of geocomputational models
- spatio-temporal data mining and knowledge discovery
- teaching of geocomputation
- applications in environmental, ecological and biological modelling and analysis
- applications in health and medical informatics
- applications in geodemographics, urban studies, criminology and transportation modelling
Contributors are invited to submit extended abstracts (maximum 1500 words, including references), which will be reviewed for inclusion in the conference program.
The abstracts should be submitted as either Word documents or pdf files using
the EasyChair system at
https://www.easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?conf=geocom11. The submission deadline is
28 January 2011 February 4th, 2011.
Authors will be notified of acceptance/rejection by the end of February 2011 March 7th, 2011.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the digital conference proceedings, as long as at least one of the authors is registered for the conference prior to the ‘early bird’ registration deadline. Selected full conference papers will be published in a special issue of the ISI journal Computers, Environment and Urban Systems.
Any questions regarding the submission and publication process should be addressed to email@example.com